Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here is something a little different-a broiled peanut butter topping a a cake-like brownie. This recipe came from "Brownies to Die For" cookbook
- 78.07 ml unsalted butter
- 85.04 g unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 236.59 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 2.46 ml pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 118.29 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 78.07 ml firmly packed light brown sugar
- 177.44 ml crunchy peanut butter
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 29.58 ml milk or 29.58 ml half-and-half cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8" square pan.
- For the brownie base: Combine the butter and chocolate in a large saucepan over low heat, stirring until mixture is melted and smooth.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Beat in sugar and vanilla using a hand mixer.
- Add eggs;beat well.
- Stir in flour, mixing until batter is smooth.
- Gently stir in chips.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted near the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Cool pan slightly on a wire rack.
- For the broiled topping: Heat broiler.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl, blending well.
- Spread atop warm brownie base.
- Broil 4-6" from heat until bubbly and light golden brown.
- This only takes a minute or two.
- Mixture burns easily, so don't get distracted-watch carefully!
- Serve warm or cool.
- Cut into squares.