Here is something a little different-a broiled peanut butter topping a a cake-like brownie. This recipe came from "Brownies to Die For" cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease an 8" square pan.
- 3For the brownie base: Combine the butter and chocolate in a large saucepan over low heat, stirring until mixture is melted and smooth.
- 4Remove saucepan from heat.
- 5Beat in sugar and vanilla using a hand mixer.
- 6Add eggs;beat well.
- 7Stir in flour, mixing until batter is smooth.
- 8Gently stir in chips.
- 9Spread into prepared pan.
- 10Bake for 25 minutes or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted near the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- 11Cool pan slightly on a wire rack.
- 12For the broiled topping: Heat broiler.
- 13Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl, blending well.
- 14Spread atop warm brownie base.
- 15Broil 4-6" from heat until bubbly and light golden brown.
- 16This only takes a minute or two.
- 17Mixture burns easily, so don't get distracted-watch carefully!
- 18Serve warm or cool.
- 19Cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brownies With Broiled Peanut Butter Topping
Serving Size: 1 (913 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.1
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.3 mg
- Sodium 138.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 36.0 g
- Protein 8.9 g