Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The surprise is Black Beans......yes, BEANS. And very good that you would never know! Adapted from 'Stealth Health - How To Sneak Nutrition Painlessly Into Your Diet'
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13-inch pan with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Place the beans in a colander and rinse thoroughly under running water to remove 'slime' and set aside and drain.
- Place the chocolate and light butter in a small microwavable bowl.
- Microwave for 60 to 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- In a food processor blender, add the drained beans and 2 egg whites.
- Blend or process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, sugar, flour, espresso powder and remaining egg whites.
- With an electric mixer, beat until well combined.
- Mix in the melted chocolate.
- Pour the brownie mixture into a prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the walnuts on top of the brownie batter.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the brownie pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool completely in the pan before cutting into bars-- rows of six by five.