miss gracie's Note:
My friend Larry, a lover of all things dessert, declared these are the most outrageous brownies he has ever tasted and nicknamed them "brownies on steroids." They are more like candy than true brownies, and they disappear at our house faster than I can make them. I have heard they keep well, but they never seem to last long enough for me to find out!
My Private Note
Dozen S ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, and cocoa.
- 2Add the butter and process just until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3Press firmly into a greased 13 by 9 baking pan.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- 5While crust is baking, combine milk, vanilla, and one cup of chocolate chips in a medium saucepan.
- 6Heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth.
- 7Remove crust from oven.
- 8Pour chocolate mixture over crust.
- 9Sprinkle with coconut, nuts, toffee bits and remaining chocolate chips.
- 10Press down firmly.
- 11Return to oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brownies on Steroids
Serving Size: 1 (1389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2080.1
- Calories from Fat 1106
- Total Fat 122.9 g
- Saturated Fat 62.7 g
- Cholesterol 167.0 mg
- Sodium 542.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 243.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 169.7 g
- Protein 28.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
English toffee bits