Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My friend Larry, a lover of all things dessert, declared these are the most outrageous brownies he has ever tasted and nicknamed them "brownies on steroids." They are more like candy than true brownies, and they disappear at our house faster than I can make them. I have heard they keep well, but they never seem to last long enough for me to find out!
- In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, and cocoa.
- Add the butter and process just until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press firmly into a greased 13 by 9 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, combine milk, vanilla, and one cup of chocolate chips in a medium saucepan.
- Heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth.
- Remove crust from oven.
- Pour chocolate mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle with coconut, nuts, toffee bits and remaining chocolate chips.
- Press down firmly.
- Return to oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
Pretty darn good!. I don't know if I'd consider them brownies...more like 7-layer bars with a brownie crust. My only problem was with the crust...i had to add a little water(about 5 TBS)
Awesome!!! That is what describes this dessert. Took this to a Labor Day weekend cook-out and everyone loved them. They are so rich and gooey. Just wonderful!! Made it just the way it was written and I wouldn't change a thing. A word of caution..when melting the choc. chips in the condensed milk be sure not to have the burned on high. Do this over low heat. You won't be dissappointed in these brownies!!
Have plenty of milk around when you serve these up - they are unbelievably rich but delicious. We ate them warmed up with vanilla ice cream and they were mouthgasmic. Awesome.