Recipe by miss gracie
My friend Larry, a lover of all things dessert, declared these are the most outrageous brownies he has ever tasted and nicknamed them "brownies on steroids." They are more like candy than true brownies, and they disappear at our house faster than I can make them. I have heard they keep well, but they never seem to last long enough for me to find out!
Top Review by djafishfria
Pretty darn good!. I don't know if I'd consider them brownies...more like 7-layer bars with a brownie crust. My only problem was with the crust...i had to add a little water(about 5 TBS)
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup English toffee bits
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, and cocoa.
- Add the butter and process just until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press firmly into a greased 13 by 9 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, combine milk, vanilla, and one cup of chocolate chips in a medium saucepan.
- Heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth.
- Remove crust from oven.
- Pour chocolate mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle with coconut, nuts, toffee bits and remaining chocolate chips.
- Press down firmly.
- Return to oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes.