Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, to be added by recipient
- 4 eggs, to be added by recipient
- Pour sugar into a clean and dry one quart jar.
- Press down firmly.
- Add cocoa powder and press down firmly.
- Pour in chopped pecans, making sure they are evenly layered.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt, pour into jar and seal.
- Attach following directions to jar: Empty mix into large bowl.
- Stir to blend thoroughly.
- Add 3/4 cup butter or margarine and 4 beaten eggs.
- Mix until completely blended.
- Spread batter onto lightly greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes or until done. Cool in pan and cut into 2 inch squares.
We made these for Christmas Gifts. There must have been at least a half dozen people who really went out of their way to get the address from us.
I just *HAVE* to send this to some friends for X-Mas!!! What a great fun gift for someone.
I made these to sell at a craft show. They were especially cute but NOONE bought any. I was bummed. I made them this week. THese were the BEST brownies I have ever had. I did also add 1/2 cup chocolate chips (to the jars). My husband ended up eating 1/3 of the pan the next day for lunch. I don't think I can go back to a mix. If you make these up in bulk--it is really no harder than a mix and much better!!!