Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I think anyone will just love these brownies. But, if you are diabetic or gluten sensitive you will love them and they will not be harmful to you! Contains Xylitol-a great alternative to sugar, and almond meal! This recipe takes a few special ingredients that can be found at Whole Foods Market or other Co-op type grocery or a health food store such as GNC. Amazon also carries the more special ingredients.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup xylitol sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup turbinado sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup almond meal
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 9" square pan.
- Melt butter on the stovetop. Do not "cook" the butter, just soften it to a warm liquid and remove from the heat.
- Stir cocoa and butter together in mixing bowl until combined well.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients except almond meal until smooth.
- Stir in almond meal.
- Spread mixture in baking pan.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool at least 1 hour before serving.
This is simple easy cooking at its best. I didnt have turbinado sugar so omitted it. Best Brownies I have ever made.. will be making 2, 3 times a week.