Recipe by ciao
This is the only way I make brownies. You can tell by the title how I like them. I've done so much experimenting, and had so many disappointing results with other recipes that didn't deliver what they promised. This is a very simple method, from Baker's Chocolate, but I've made a few changes. If you like your brownies the way I do, you will not be disappointed. Very quick and easy to make, and hey, you only use one bowl! How great is that?
Top Review by TLC COOKIE
These are better than any brownies I've bought at any bakery! My husband , who is extremely particular about his brownies rates them at an 8 on a scale of 1 to 5! Easy, fun and addictive! Fabulous recipe!
- 113.39 g baker's unsweetened baking chocolate
- 9.85-14.78 ml instant coffee (not for drinking, lol)
- 177.44 ml butter or 177.44 ml margarine
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml flour
- 236.59 ml chopped nuts, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°, grease an 11x 7 pan.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a large microwave safe bowl on high for 2 minutes or until the butter is melted and then stir until all the chocolate is melted.
- Then add 2-3 tsp of instant coffee to it, and stir well.
- Add the sugar, stir, then the eggs& vanilla, stirring again.
- Add flour, then the nuts, if you're using them, stir until blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325°, for about 38-40 minutes.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE!
- The edges of the brownies should be pulling away from the side of the pan, but that's it.
- Just take them out of the oven.
- Don't bother too much with a tester, because you don't want it to come out clean, it should come out all messy and fudgy.
- But don't worry, they are cooked after this amount of time!
- Let them cool, and you will have rich, chocolatey, fudgy brownies that stay that way, and don't dry out.
- But I doubt they'll last that long, anyway.