Prep 15 mins
Cook 38 mins
This is the only way I make brownies. You can tell by the title how I like them. I've done so much experimenting, and had so many disappointing results with other recipes that didn't deliver what they promised. This is a very simple method, from Baker's Chocolate, but I've made a few changes. If you like your brownies the way I do, you will not be disappointed. Very quick and easy to make, and hey, you only use one bowl! How great is that?
- 113.39 g baker's unsweetened baking chocolate
- 9.85-14.78 ml instant coffee (not for drinking, lol)
- 177.44 ml butter or 177.44 ml margarine
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml flour
- 236.59 ml chopped nuts, if desired
- Heat oven to 325°, grease an 11x 7 pan.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a large microwave safe bowl on high for 2 minutes or until the butter is melted and then stir until all the chocolate is melted.
- Then add 2-3 tsp of instant coffee to it, and stir well.
- Add the sugar, stir, then the eggs& vanilla, stirring again.
- Add flour, then the nuts, if you're using them, stir until blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325°, for about 38-40 minutes.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE!
- The edges of the brownies should be pulling away from the side of the pan, but that's it.
- Just take them out of the oven.
- Don't bother too much with a tester, because you don't want it to come out clean, it should come out all messy and fudgy.
- But don't worry, they are cooked after this amount of time!
- Let them cool, and you will have rich, chocolatey, fudgy brownies that stay that way, and don't dry out.
- But I doubt they'll last that long, anyway.
These are better than any brownies I've bought at any bakery! My husband , who is extremely particular about his brownies rates them at an 8 on a scale of 1 to 5! Easy, fun and addictive! Fabulous recipe!
They came out perfect, probably the best brownies I've ever had.
I don't know if there may be something I did wrong, but these did not turn out moist at all.