I am always on the lookout for recipes that are for 2. I found this recipe in a little paperback cookbook "Desserts for One or Two". The recipe calls for walnuts, but any nut will do, and I even substitute different types of chips (chocolate, peanut butter, mint, etc.). It makes 8 brownines, therefore we never get tired of them before the batch is gone. Hope you enjoy.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream shortening and cocoa.
- Beat in egg, sugar and vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture.
- Beat until combined and then stir in walnuts.
- Spread mixture into a greased 8x4x2 loaf pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.