Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is also known simply as Mom's Brownies. Always a hit anywhere they go, Mom usually made these for bake sales and potlucks. Once in a while, Mom even made them for us. Frost with Mom's Fudgy Frosting.
- 1 cup stick margarine (2 sticks)
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a 2 quart saucepan, melt margarine and chocolate together over low heat.
- Remove from heat; stir in sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir vanilla into chocolate mixture.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder; stir into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into greased 10x15x1 inch baking pan; sprinkle nuts over top.
- Bake at 350F for 18 to 20 minutes. Do not overbake!
- When cool, frost with Recipe #322559.
- Cut into 48 bars.