Luby Luby Luby's Note:
This recipes comes from the master baker, Nick Malgieri's cookbook, Chocolate: From Simple Cookies To Extravagant Showstoppers (which won the prestigious IACP/Julia Child cookbook award). This recipe makes a very fudgey dense brownie - not at all cake-like. The original recipe stated to cook it for 45 minutes, but I found them to be done after 35 minutes. It also states to let the brownies cool in the pan and cover with plastic wrap until the next day. Additionally, it states to unmold onto a cutting board, turn brownies right-side up and trim away the edges & then slice into 2-inch squares. Well, we couldn't wait until the next day to eat them and I can't even imagine throwing away my favorite part - the edges! NOTE: According to the recipe you can use Bittersweet Chocolate, if desired but I used Semisweet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a 9x13 baking dish and set aside.
- 2Set rack in the middle of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Coarsely chop or break chocolate into small pieces.
- 4In a double boiler place butter and chocolate and heat on low until butter and chocolate are melted, stirring occasionally.
- 5In a large bowl whisk eggs and then whisk in the salt, sugars and vanilla.
- 6Slowly pour melted butter/chocolate mixture into egg mixture, stirring until well mixed.
- 7Fold in flour, stirring until mixed.
- 8Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 9Bake for 35 minutes or until top has formed a shiny crust and batter is moderately firm.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brownies (By Nick Malgieri)
Serving Size: 1 (1215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.1
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 120.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 2.8 g