Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A quick, easy and delicious brownie. Great for new bakers, or for a last minute treat. I have made these without the nuts and had great sucess.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts/pecans)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Butter and line the bottom of a square 8 inch pan with foil.
- Set aside.
- In a med.
- saucepan melt butter, then remove from heat and add chocolate.
- Stir chocolate until melted (you may need to return the pot to heat for a minute to finish melting the chocolate).
- Add both sugars to the pan and stir well.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg.
- Fold in the flour, salt and nuts.
- Pour into the prepared pan and tap pan on counter once to smooth the batter.
- Bake the brownies about 15-20 min.
- Do not overbake, they should be firm but still soft in the center.
- Cool pan on a rack.
- Turn pan onto cutting board and peel away foil.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.
These tasted just like the brownies I grew up with. More of a bittersweet gooey type rather than cake like. Yum. I used pecans and cut into 12 pieces vs the 16 which would be a challenge I think.
These were good. I didn't have unsweetened chocolate so I used some Mexican chocolate generally reserved for hot chocolate. However, I forgot to add the vanilla because it was left out of the directions. Either way, they came out great. I, too, added an additional 10 minutes of cook time to make them fully cooked. Alaskan Amateur, remember that everyone's oven is different so times and/or temps may need to be adjusted. Not a bad last minute chocolate fix. THANKS!!!!
I used a 9x13 inch pan, lined it with foil, added the brownie batter, and then adjusted it to fill about 2/3 of the pan, which made the brownies the perfect depth when cooking. Rather than a 1 cup of nuts, I did 1/2 cup chopped pecans and 1/2 chocolate chips. The result was amazing. They were chewy, very chocolatey, and the flavour was great. My official homemade brownies.