Recipe by Luv4food
A quick, easy and delicious brownie. Great for new bakers, or for a last minute treat. I have made these without the nuts and had great sucess.
Top Review by Vicki in CT
These tasted just like the brownies I grew up with. More of a bittersweet gooey type rather than cake like. Yum. I used pecans and cut into 12 pieces vs the 16 which would be a challenge I think.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts/pecans)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Butter and line the bottom of a square 8 inch pan with foil.
- Set aside.
- In a med.
- saucepan melt butter, then remove from heat and add chocolate.
- Stir chocolate until melted (you may need to return the pot to heat for a minute to finish melting the chocolate).
- Add both sugars to the pan and stir well.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg.
- Fold in the flour, salt and nuts.
- Pour into the prepared pan and tap pan on counter once to smooth the batter.
- Bake the brownies about 15-20 min.
- Do not overbake, they should be firm but still soft in the center.
- Cool pan on a rack.
- Turn pan onto cutting board and peel away foil.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.