Recipe by Tweety Grams
Very yummy and chewy brownies. I got this recipe from a good friend who has had this in her family for years.
Top Review by Kelley Maillard
I had an unbelievable chocolate craving, and these brownies sure did the trick! Very easy to make, and very tasty! Instead of walnuts, I used some slivered almonds that I wanted to use up. After pouring on the glaze, I sprinkled a few more almonds on top. Next time, I think I will make a double batch, as suggested in step 6 - a single batch just disappears too quickly! However, in the directions for making the cocoa glaze, it doesn't say when we're supposed to add the vanilla, so I just added it when I added the butter. Came out fine.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons margarine (soft)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- The first 3 ingredients cook over a stove on medium heat, till margarine melts.
- Remove from heat, add the eggs and vanilla.
- Then add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Put in a greased 8 inch squared pan, bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- I make a double batch.
- Cocoa Glaze: Combine icing sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Beat in margarine, add 1-2 tbsps of boiling water to make a smooth glaze.