Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
VEGAN version of a simple, one-bowl brownie recipe. Super easy! This recipe makes a moist, but not too-fudgy brownie that adapts well to add-ins (such as nuts, coconut, vegan choco-chips, etc.) And no exotic or hard-to-find ingredients! Enjoy!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a casserole dish (or 9" X 13" baking pan) with PAM or canola oil spray.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add all the wet ingredients and stir well.
- Spread in the oiled casserole dish and bake 25 minutes, or until the top is dry and the sides pull away from the dish slightly.
- Allow to cool completely, then cut into squares.
by far my favorite brownie recipe (and trust me...i have tried several)!...the only changes i made were decreasing the oil slightly and omitting the almond extract. they were so nice and 'cake-y', JUST the way i like them! thnx for this recipe...