Recipe by Too Many Tomatoes
These'll keep your family fat :D I make them with Penzey's cocoa and King Arthur flour & have been very happy with the recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter and add in the coconut oil to melt. You can substitute any kind of oil, and even cut it a bit, but this is the combo I like.
- Thoroughly mix the oil, sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat till combined. Do not overbeat.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix till combined but not much more.
- Add nuts and mix slightly.
- Pour into a greased 9x13" pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.