Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
The attraction for me with this recipe (besides the chocolate) is the simplicity! I found this on a site called SoMinty and the recipe is by David McIver.
- Melt the butter on a low heat.
- Once the butter is melted, take it off the heat.
- Add the sugar and cocoa and mix until smooth (I’m lazy, so I usually use an electric mixer for this).
- Add the eggs and flour gradually, continuing to mix as you do so.
- Once everything is added in and the mixture is smooth, transfer it to a medium sized greased baking tray.
- Bake at around 180C (a little on the low side of this perhaps) for 20-30 minutes.
- Rather than relying on timing, the brownies are cooked when a sharp knife poked into the middle comes out clean.
Not the brownies I was excepting! Looked like way too much oil but before I decided to write a bad review; I did try them. AHHHHH, definitely could only be eaten by chocolate craved kids or over ice cream. Most likely will not make again but my kids sure loved them!
I made this at my mum's place on the weekend. It was surprisingly soft & rich, but just a little too sweet for us. The little family members loved it, the adults were split 50/50, I think next time I would make it with less sugar & maybe brown sugar instead of white. The brownies were easy to make, fantastic if you don't keep chocolate on hand, and also went well with custard & vanilla ice-cream - perfect for winter. Thanks for such a fantastically easy recipe Amanda, I will definitely make this again.