Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cake like brownie baked in a 17x1/2x11 inch pan. I cut into squares and freeze, a fast addition to the lunch bag.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup brewed coffee (I use water)
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine (butter)
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups sifted icing sugar
- In large bowl mix flour and sugar together, set aside.
- In saucepan combine butter, shortening, water and cocoa.
- Stir and heat to boiling.
- Pour boiling mixture over the flour and sugar, mix well.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, baking soda and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Spray cookie sheet with pam.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minute.
- While brownies bake prepare the frosting.
- Combine melted butter, cocoa and salt.
- Add milk and vanilla.
- Stir in icing sugar in 3 parts.
- Mix until smooth.
- Spread over browines as soon as they are out of the oven.
These brownies were just ok for us. It tasted like something was missing. I'm not sure what but they just needed a little bit more tweaking for us.
i luv this recipe