- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup brewed coffee (I use water)
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine (butter)
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups sifted icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl mix flour and sugar together, set aside.
- In saucepan combine butter, shortening, water and cocoa.
- Stir and heat to boiling.
- Pour boiling mixture over the flour and sugar, mix well.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, baking soda and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Spray cookie sheet with pam.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minute.
- While brownies bake prepare the frosting.
- Combine melted butter, cocoa and salt.
- Add milk and vanilla.
- Stir in icing sugar in 3 parts.
- Mix until smooth.
- Spread over browines as soon as they are out of the oven.