Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chocolate chewy brownies
- 1 2⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, bars
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- MICROWAVE sugar, butter and water in large microwave-safe bowl on HIGH power for 4-5 minutes or until mixture bubbles, stirring once. Remove from heat. Add baking bars: stir until melted.
- STIR in eggs one at a time until incorporated. Stir in vanilla. Add flour and baking soda and stir well. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- BAKE for 15-20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
These turned out in a word... YUMMY!! Definitely going to make these again. Thanks for the great recipe! :)
Very chewy, chocolatey, and easy. The top crust is quite thick. Don't forget to butter/flour the pan. And be sure to tightly, tightly wrap these, they dried out in a snap.