1/2 Photos of Brownie With Truffle Mousse
1 hr 30 mins
Very decadent and rich! It makes a very beautiful presentation. A little bit of work, but well worth it. I subbed walnuts for the macadamia nuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, baking bar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (7 g) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/4 cups butter
- 1 tablespoon pure instant coffee granules
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 40 chocolate wafers (40 cookies)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1For Brownie:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 9-inch springform pan.
- 3Melt 1/2 bar of unsweetened chocolate in uncovered, small micro-safe bowl for 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 5-10 seconds, stirring just until melted. Cool to room temperature.
- 4Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat butter and sugar in large mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Mix in cooled chocolate.
- 5Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk and vanilla extract; mix well. Stir in flour mixture.
- 6Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture until no white streaks remain. Fold in macadamia nuts. Pour into prepared pan.
- 7Bake for 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- 8For Truffle Mousse:.
- 9Place water in medium saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over water and let stand for 2 minutes. Add butter and coffee granules. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring frequently, until butter is melted and gelatin is dissolved.
- 10Place chocolate chips and sugar in food processor. Process until blended; pour in gelatin mixture while processing. Process until chocolate is melted. Add egg yolks and brandy; process until smooth.
- 11Return mixture to saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring until mixture thickens. Transfer mixture to large bowl. Refrigerate until thickened; stirring often.
- 12Reserve 1/4 cup of chocolate mixture and place in resealable plastic bag then refrigerate.
- 13Pour 1/2 of remaining chocolate mixture in bowl over brownie. Insert wafer rolls around top edge of chocolate, touching edge of pan.
- 14Beat cream in small mixer bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into remaining chocolate mixture in bowl until no white streaks remain.
- 15Spread cream mixture over chocolate mixture.
- 16Cut a small hole from corner of bag of reserved chocolate; squeeze to drizzle over cake. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- 17Garnish with strawberries. Remove side of pan.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brownie With Truffle Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 778.6
- Calories from Fat 488
- Total Fat 54.2 g
- Saturated Fat 28.1 g
- Cholesterol 211.9 mg
- Sodium 373.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 51.0 g
- Protein 8.0 g