Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a 1966 circular. It says that it's great with ice cream, and I'm sure it is! Posted for future use.
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 56.69 g unsweetened chocolate
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 0.59 ml cinnamon (optional)
- 118.29 ml milk
- 236.59 ml nuts, finely chopped
- Melt butter and chocolate in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, and add sugar, and beat well.
- Add vanilla, and allow to cool.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well. Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add alternately with milk to the chocolate mixture.
- Add nuts.
- Bake according to directions on waffle iron.
- Waffles will crisp as they cool.
- Refrigerate any leftover batter.
- If using from refrigerated, add 1/4 tsp baking powder dissolved in 1 tsp water for every cup cold batter.
- Batter will keep for several days in refrigerator.
- ***If you'd like, you can sub 1/2 sour cream for half the milk, and use 1/2 tsp baking SODA and 1 tsp cream of tartar, in place of all milk and baking powder.***.