This recipe is from the magazine put out by our electric co-op. The brownie crust is unique and so tasty. This is supposed to cool over night, but I always get impatient and just throw it in the freezer for an hour or so.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to package instructions using the oil, water, and egg. (Use whatever proportions your brownie mix calls for, that's just what mine called for!).
- Pour into a greased 9" springform pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the caramels and combine with the evaporated milk.
- Pour this mixture over the brownie crust and sprinkle with the pecans.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing well.
- Add eggs, mixing by hand or on low speed until combined.
- Stir in melted chocolate.
- Pour into pan over pecans and bake 35-40 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack, then run knife along edge to loosen but do not remove sides of pan.
- Allow to cool completely, then chill overnight in fridge.
- Remove from pan just before serving.