Prep 4 hrs
Cook 45 mins
This is a healthy treat for the summer! (I assume you can also substitute the normal stuff for the fat-free/sugar-free things, but I've been looking for a good low-fat/diet-friendly chocolate recipe so I keep it the same. (Cook time is for baking brownies, and prep is for refrigeration time.)
- 1 (19 7/8 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon dry instant coffee (dry)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package fat-free sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 (6 ounce) package toffee pieces (reserve 2 tbs for garnish)
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed (3 1/4 cups)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare brownie mix as directed on package for 13×9-inch pan, using water, oil and egg product and stirring coffee into batter.
- Bake and cool as directed.
- Cut brownies into 1-inch squares.
- Place half of the brownie squares in bottom of 3-quart glass bowl.
- Prepare pudding mix as directed on package for pudding, using skim milk.
- Pour half of the pudding over brownies in bowl.
- Top with half each of the toffee bits and whipped topping.
- Repeat with remaining brownies, pudding, toffee bits and whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with reserved toffee bits.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining trifle.
Meow, replace the oil with applesauce. You'll NEVER know the difference and save yourself loads of calories/fat grams... I promise! Then your "healthy" treat will be much healthier!