Prep 8 hrs
Cook 0 mins
WARNING: This stuff is rich and delicious. Prep time does not include brownie preparation, but does include chill time.
- Prepare chocolate mousse by making 1 envelope Dream Whip (follow package instructions.) Add box of chocolate instant pudding mix and 3/4 cup milk.
- Beat until smooth.
- DO NOT CHILL.
- Place half of brownies in a trifle bowl.
- Layer mousse, caramel, whipped cream, and toffee bits.
- Start with brownies again and layer each ingredient.
- Garnish op with chocolate curls and toffee bits.
- Chill 8 hours or overnight.
This was indeed tasty but i felt the brownie flavor really got drowned out by the rich caramel. I found it over powering and i didn't even use a whole jar. Also i didn't use toffee bits because as i assembled it i was afraid it'd be too sweet. Maybe they were the key in brining together all the flavors. the mousse was delicious though!
WOW! This dessert was really good. I think next time I will make double the mousse.
Good, rich and super fast and easy to put together. Looks great in a trifle bowl, mine was full to the top. I used Ghiradelli brownie mix and a jar of Mrs. Richardson's butterscitch caramel sauce. Also subbed an 8 oz pkg of Heath milk chocolate bits, found on the baking aisle, for the crushed candy bars. Quick to put together and so convenient since it can be made the night before. Thanks, Lubie, for sharing the recipe!