Recipe by Chemaine
Here's another easy and popular dessert. I have made it with and without the kahlua, it's such a minor amount that if a child gets one serving of this it shouldn't be too bad.
Top Review by zaar mate
This is decadent! Made this the other night to take to a dinner party and everyone loved it and requested I bring it to another upcoming event! Note....the pudding you need to use is the INSTANT type. I did make this without the Kahlua since kids were going to be eating some, but I will make it with the Kahlua next time since it's for adults...yummy either way!
- 19 7⁄8 ounces brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- 11 2⁄3 ounces chocolate pudding mix (3 boxes)
- 12 ounces Cool Whip (I use the red label so you need more)
- 10 1⁄2 ounces candy bars (I use the mini's mix, crushed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare and bake brownie mix according to package directions in a 13 x9 inch pan. Prick top of warm brownies at 1 inch intervals with wooden pick and brush with Kahlua. Cool brownies and crumble into small pieces.
- Prepare 3 packages of pudding mix according to package directions, USING a total of 4 cups of milk instead of 6 cups, and omitting chilling procedure.
- Place one-third of crumbled brownies in a 3 quart trifle bowl; top with one-third each of pudding, whipped topping, and crushed candy bars.
- Repeat layers twice using remaining ingredients, ending with crushed candy bars. Cover and chill trifle at least 8 hours.