1/10 Photos of Brownie Trifle
4 hrs 30 mins
I have made zillions of trifles in my lifetime, but this one is fantastic. Toffee bits are unavailable where I live, so I always have visitors bring me some just to make this (usually for them).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (19 7/8 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon dry instant coffee (dry)
- 1 package chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (6 ounce) package English toffee bits (reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish)
- 3 1/4 cups whipped cream
- 1Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- 2Prepare brownie mix as directed on package for 13 × 9-inch rectangular pan, using water, oil and eggs and stirring coffee into batter.
- 3Bake and cool as directed.
- 4Cut brownies into 1-inch squares.
- 5Place half of the brownie squares in the bottom of a 3-quart glass bowl.
- 6Prepare pudding mix as directed on package for pudding, Pour half of the pudding over brownies in bowl.
- 7Top with half each of the toffee bits and whipped cream.
- 8Repeat with remaining brownies, pudding, toffee bits and whipped cream.
- 9Sprinkle with reserved toffee bits.
- 10Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
- 11Cover and refrigerate any remaining trifle (if you have any left, doubtful).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brownie Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.3
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 205.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g