Recipe by Mirj
I have made zillions of trifles in my lifetime, but this one is fantastic. Toffee bits are unavailable where I live, so I always have visitors bring me some just to make this (usually for them).
Top Review by S in PA
This was really good! So rich! In some strange attempt to lower my guests guilt-level, I used light cool whip, and lowfat milk for the pudding, but the taste was still wonderful.
- 1 (19 7/8 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon dry instant coffee (dry)
- 1 package chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (6 ounce) package English toffee bits (reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish)
- 3 1⁄4 cups whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Prepare brownie mix as directed on package for 13 × 9-inch rectangular pan, using water, oil and eggs and stirring coffee into batter.
- Bake and cool as directed.
- Cut brownies into 1-inch squares.
- Place half of the brownie squares in the bottom of a 3-quart glass bowl.
- Prepare pudding mix as directed on package for pudding, Pour half of the pudding over brownies in bowl.
- Top with half each of the toffee bits and whipped cream.
- Repeat with remaining brownies, pudding, toffee bits and whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with reserved toffee bits.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining trifle (if you have any left, doubtful).