1/2 Photos of Brownie Torte
This is a rich chocolate dessert that is so simple to make, looks impressive and tastes divine. The original recipe came from the Betty Crocker site. The hour cooling time is not included in the prep time shown.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line a 13x9 pan with foil, extending it 2 inches over the sides of the pan.
- 3Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- 4Stir together the mix, water, oil and eggs until well blended.
- 5Pour into prepared pan and bake according to package directions.
- 6Cool cpmpletely, about an hour.
- 7Remove from pan by lifting the foil.
- 8Cut brownie in half lengthwise.
- 9Peel one piece away from foil and place on a plate.
- 10Microwave frosting following directions on the tub.
- 11Pour half of frosting on top of brownie on the plate.
- 12Top with about half of the toffee pieces.
- 13Put other brownie half on top.
- 14Pour the rest of the frosting on top, spreading if necessary.
- 15Top with the other half of the toffee bits.
- 16*The original recipe did not call for toffee, but used 1/2 cup of chopped peanut butter cups on the top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brownie Torte
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.5
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 67.9 mg
- Sodium 107.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate chunk brownie mix
pour & frost chocolate frosting