Prep 18 mins
Cook 26 mins
This is a rich chocolate dessert that is so simple to make, looks impressive and tastes divine. The original recipe came from the Betty Crocker site. The hour cooling time is not included in the prep time shown.
- 1 (21 1/4 ounce) box chocolate chunk brownie mix or 1 (21 1/4 ounce) boxtriple chocolate chunk brownie mix
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) container pour & frost chocolate frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) bag toffee pieces, like heath (*) or 1 (8 ounce) bag Skor candy bars (*)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 13x9 pan with foil, extending it 2 inches over the sides of the pan.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Stir together the mix, water, oil and eggs until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake according to package directions.
- Cool cpmpletely, about an hour.
- Remove from pan by lifting the foil.
- Cut brownie in half lengthwise.
- Peel one piece away from foil and place on a plate.
- Microwave frosting following directions on the tub.
- Pour half of frosting on top of brownie on the plate.
- Top with about half of the toffee pieces.
- Put other brownie half on top.
- Pour the rest of the frosting on top, spreading if necessary.
- Top with the other half of the toffee bits.
- *The original recipe did not call for toffee, but used 1/2 cup of chopped peanut butter cups on the top.