Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very thin, chocolately brownie! Makes a small pan of brownies and these are wonderful if you love brownies! You can also use margarine in place of butter but everything is better with butter. Also, I make this in a 9" round cake pan and just cut into wedges.
- Line bottom of a buttered 9" pan with wax paper and butter top of wax paper.
- In small saucepan, melt butter, remove from heat.
- Add cocoa and stir.
- Stir in sugar, beaten egg, flour, vanilla, pinch of salt and nuts.
- Spread in pan evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Don't burn.
- Let cool . Invert on cutting board and peel off wax paper. Sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar.
- Cut into wedges or however you like!
Definitely a winning recipe for us, but then we do love our brownies! Easy to make, too, which is a plus! At the end, howeveer, I used just a very, very light dusting of the powdered sugar! I look forward to making these the next time I host one of my monthly groups! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef event]
We really enjoyed this! I subbed Splenda for the sugar, which worked great for me, and I agree! Everything is better with butter. Just right for DH and I thanks buzzsau! I will make this again! Made for 2009 Spring PAC