Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F Make tassie pastry (#59854) and line mini muffin cups with this pastry.
- Melt chips and butter in saucepan over low heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Place a whole hazelnut in center of each pastry-lined cup.
- Top with 1 rounded tsp of chocolate mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Immediately, and very carefully using the tip of a pointed knife, gently knudge out each tassie out of its cup and transfer to a rack to cool.
- If they cool in the pan too long, they are more difficult to remove.
- Your first couple may break (those are the ones I eat on the spot- the rewards of making them!), but you will soon learn just the right'move' to remove them perfectly.
I love finding good recipes to use in my mini muffin pans! This is so good and easy too! I used a basic pastry recipe, then used an entire 6 oz. bag of chips increasing the butter to nearly 3 T. The 1/2 cup did not seem to be enough filling to make 24 cups. The amount I made was just about right, but I did fill the cups full. These are great with a hot cup of coffee! Thanks for a great recipe evelyn/athens.