Prep 20 mins
Cook 13 mins
This recipe was featured in an email this morning from the www.verybestbaking.com website. The picture looks so yummy! "Caramel SWIRLED™ brownie cups with peanut butter centers. You will be the hit of the party!" Courtesy of Toll House.
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 2⁄3 cups Nestle milk chocolate and peanut butter swirled morsels, divided (1-10 oz. bag)
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 12 muffin cups.
- COMBINE sugar, butter and water in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute or until butter is melted. Add semi-sweet morsels; stir until melted. Add egg and vanilla extract and stir well. Add flour and baking soda and stir until blended. Allow to cool to room temperature. Stir in 1 cup Swirled morsels. Spoon a heaping tablespoon batter into each prepared muffin cup.
- BAKE for 13 to 15 minutes or until top is set and wooden pick inserted center comes out still slightly wet. Place muffin pan on wire rack. Centers of brownies will fall upon cooling. If some do not, with back of teaspoon, tap center to make a hole.
- PLACE peanut butter in small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; stir. While brownies are still hot, spoon a scant tablespoon peanut butter into center of each brownie. Top with remaining Swirled morsels. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Run a knife around edge and carefully remove from pan.