1/1 Photo of Brownie Surprise Cookies
1 hr 10 mins
Linda Timm's Note:
I found this recipe on a Land-O-Lakes box, but I added things to it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup milk (or half and half)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 marshmallows, cut into halves
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 dash salt
- 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 4 -5 tablespoons milk
- 1 (16 ounce) can chocolate frosting
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup margarine in large mixer bowl.
- 3Beat at medium speed until creamy.
- 4Add egg and vanilla, and continue beating until well mixed.
- 5Reduce speed to low,and add all remaining cookie ingredients except marshmallows.
- 6Beat until well mixed.
- 7Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- 8Bake for 6-7 minutes or until edges are just set.
- 9Remove from oven.
- 10Press 1 marshmallow half onto center of each cookie.
- 11Continue baking for 2 minutes or until marshmallow is softened.
- 12Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
- 13Cool completely.
- 14Combine all frosting ingredients except milk in small mixer bowl.
- 15Beat at low speed, adding enough milk for desired spreading consistency.
- 16Frost cooled cookies, covering entire marshmallow.
- 17Variations: Before putting frosting over cooled cookies, spread a thin layer of peanut butter, caramel, or seedless raspberry jelly over marshmallow, and then add your frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brownie Surprise Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1718 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.5
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 111.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 23.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g