I found this recipe on a Land-O-Lakes box, but I added things to it.
Make and share this Brownie Surprise Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup milk (or half and half)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 24 marshmallows, cut into halves
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 dash salt
- 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 4 -5 tablespoons milk
- 1 (16 ounce) can chocolate frosting
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup margarine in large mixer bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla, and continue beating until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low,and add all remaining cookie ingredients except marshmallows.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes or until edges are just set.
- Remove from oven.
- Press 1 marshmallow half onto center of each cookie.
- Continue baking for 2 minutes or until marshmallow is softened.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
- Cool completely.
- Combine all frosting ingredients except milk in small mixer bowl.
- Beat at low speed, adding enough milk for desired spreading consistency.
- Frost cooled cookies, covering entire marshmallow.
- Variations: Before putting frosting over cooled cookies, spread a thin layer of peanut butter, caramel, or seedless raspberry jelly over marshmallow, and then add your frosting.