1/1 Photo of Brownie Surprise Cookies
1 hr 10 mins
Linda Timm's Note:
I found this recipe on a Land-O-Lakes box, but I added things to it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup milk (or half and half)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 marshmallows, cut into halves
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 dash salt
- 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 4 -5 tablespoons milk
- 1 (16 ounce) can chocolate frosting
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup margarine in large mixer bowl.
- 3Beat at medium speed until creamy.
- 4Add egg and vanilla, and continue beating until well mixed.
- 5Reduce speed to low,and add all remaining cookie ingredients except marshmallows.
- 6Beat until well mixed.
- 7Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- 8Bake for 6-7 minutes or until edges are just set.
- 9Remove from oven.
- 10Press 1 marshmallow half onto center of each cookie.
- 11Continue baking for 2 minutes or until marshmallow is softened.
- 12Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
- 13Cool completely.
- 14Combine all frosting ingredients except milk in small mixer bowl.
- 15Beat at low speed, adding enough milk for desired spreading consistency.
- 16Frost cooled cookies, covering entire marshmallow.
- 17Variations: Before putting frosting over cooled cookies, spread a thin layer of peanut butter, caramel, or seedless raspberry jelly over marshmallow, and then add your frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brownie Surprise Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1718 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.5
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 111.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 23.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g