Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found the inspiration for this spread on the blog "chocolatecoveredkatie" and came up with my own version. I really liked the flavour and texture of this dip and hope you will enjoy it, too! :) I like to spread this onto apple slices but I can imagine it would be great on toast or waffles, too.
- 250 g red kidney beans (cooked or drained and rinsed if using canned)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons nut butter (I used pb)
- 1⁄2 banana, sliced
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or your food processor and blend until smooth (I used a immersion blender for this). If the consistency seems too thick, add some more milk or water.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.