Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
We used to have this when I was a kid all the time. I'm not sure where it got its name, maybe because of the browned ground beef? Anyway, it's fast, easy and tasty! If you don't have a favorite canned spaghetti sauce, you can always go the old fashioned tomato paste, tomato sauce, garlic powder, etc. route like my mom used to. Great with garlic bread!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 16 ounces frozen peas and carrots
- 8 ounces frozen white corn
- 26 ounces canned spaghetti sauce
- Cook veggies half the time indicated on packages in microwave, enough so they aren't frozen anymore.
- Brown ground beef in medium pot and drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce and veggies.
- Heat until the vegetables are to your liking, we prefer them firm so basically only takes until the sauce heats through.
Very quick and easy. It reminds me of a recipe we used to eat when we camped as girl guides...we called it campfire stew. I pound of ground beef and a can of condensed vegetable soup. Very tasty and so so easy!!!