Recipe by Kitty Kat Cook
From the 2007 Pillsbury Halloween book, the chocolate was used to make a jack-o-lantern face! Cooling time and refrigeration time is reflected on total time. The cheesecake was great and the Jack-o-Lantern face looked super cute.
For Brownie Base
- 1 (1 lb) boxdark chocolate fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄4 cup water (or as called for on mix box)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (or as called for on mix box)
- 3 eggs (or as called for on mix box)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 10" springform pan with cooking spray. Make brownie batter as directed on box for basic recipe; spread in pan. Bake 24 to 28 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Beat in pumpkin until well blended. On low speed, beat in eggs 1 at a time, just until combined. Stir in vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Reserve 1/2 cup of filling in small bowl. Pour remaining filling over baked brownie base.
- Stir melted chocolate in reserved filling; place chocolate in large resealable plastic bag. Seal bag; cut off 1 corner of the bag. Pipe filling onto cheesecake to make swirls or shapes as desired.
- Bake 40-45 mins or until center is almost set. Cool 30 minutes Run knife around edge of pan to loosen cake. Cool 30 mins longer. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.