Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- Put flour, sugar, cocoa, bp and salt in 2-quart high, straight-sided round microwave-safe casserole.
- Complete 12-15 strokes with whisk.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Spread evenly in bowl.
- Topping: sprinkle topping ingredients over batter, pour on water.
- Cover casserole with paper towel and set on inverted pie pan.
- Microwave on medium 50% power for 8 minutes.
- Without removing towel, microwave on high 1 1/2 to 5 minutes more until surface looks dry.
- Remove towel and let pudding stand 10 minutes.
Easy to make. A bit rubbery, I will leave out egg next time to see if more pudding like. I used Splenda to reduce calories which worked well. Overall I like this recipee
Yes! Yes! I have made a microwave cake before but not nearly this good. I veganized it by simply using almond milk for regular, and turbinado sugar for all the sugar. (It is the perfect brown sugar sub.) I added two tablespoons of oil, just 'cause. I also poured 2/3 cup almond milk over the topping before adding the water. The first time I made it It did not have enough sauce for me. But one way or the other it was so good. Not just a quick fix for a chocolate craving. It was good CAKE!
Absolutely wonderful! I am not a fan of nuts so I added chocolate chips instead. Wow, that was amazing. My husband and I wanted a quick cakey treat and this was just as fast as running out to the store to get something premade. Thanks so much.