Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One of my favourite comfort desserts, adapted to be lower in calories. Easy to make when you need a chocolate fix.
- Stir together flour, 3 Tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, and baking powder.
- Add milk, apple butter, and vanilla.
- Stir till smooth.
- Transfer batter to 1-quart baking dish.
- Combine the 5 Tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons cocoa.
- Gradually stir in boiling water.
- Pour evenly over batter.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Serve warm.