Prep 40 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Stir in milk, butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread in ungreased shallow 1 1/2 quart casserole. Sprinkle brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa on top.
- Place in oven, pour boiling water over top.
- Bake 35 minutes, cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with ice cream if desired.
Awesome dessert, very delicious. It looked a little undercooked to me after 30 minutes so I turned off the oven and let it sit another 10 minutes. Then I let it settle for 20 minutes. It has a very nice cooked pudding (which I love) and brownie texture. You will not be disappointed.
THIS IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!
Very chocolately, and so yummy! I served it with Vanilla ice cream on top to cut down on the sweetness a bit. We really loved it and will have it again!