Recipe by Pie_Spy
From Company's Coming Chocolate. A good rich self-saucing dessert. This is the best, yummiest, easiest dessert ever. Can be whipped up in under ten minutes. And it uses common ingredients that I always have on hand!
Top Review by Baby Kato
My husband was over the moon, he couldn't stop raving about this cake. I had a small portion and he finished off the rest. Nice decadent chocolate flavor, beautiful texture to the cake with a nice smooth pudding. Made as written, but omitted the nuts, my husband is allergic. Thank you for sharing your treat. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened or melted) or 2 tablespoons margarine (softened or melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add milk, butter vanilla and nuts. Turn into ungreased 2 quart baking dish. Smooth on top.
- Combine brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa in a small bowl. Mix well. Sprinkle over top of batter.
- Pour water on top. To avoid making wells in the batter either pour the water slowly, or pour it onto a spoon held over pudding, allowing it to run off gently.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes. Top will be firm. Batter will rise and there will be a pudding-type sauce at the bottom.
- Serve warm. This is really delicious with ice cream.