Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Ina Garten got this recipe from Anna Pump who owns Loaves & Fishes. I'm posting this for a Dear Friend who has a thing for Chocolate.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly butter a 2-quart (9 x 12 x 2-inch) oval baking dish.
- Melt the 2 sticks butter and set aside to cool.
- Sift the cocoa powder and flour together and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs and sugar on medium-high speed for 5 to 10 minutes, until very thick and light yellow.
- Lower the speed to low and add the vanilla seeds or pure vanilla extract, framboise, and the cocoa powder and flour mixture.
- Mix only until just combined.
- With the mixer still on low, slowly pour in the cooled butter and mix again just until combined.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared dish and place it in a larger baking pan.
- Add enough of the hottest tap water to the pan to come halfway up the side of the dish and bake for exactly 1 hour.
- A cake tester inserted 2 inches from the side will come out three-quarters clean.
- The center will appear very under-baked; this dessert is between a brownie and a pudding, it will be ooey and gooey good!
- If you wish to omit the framboise you could add coffee extract or cinnamon.