Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
A great kid-pleasing, fun dessert. Adults love them too. From Betty Crocker. Cook time includes baking and freezer time.
- 1 (22 1/2 ounce) box brownie mix, with chocolate syrup pouch, 1 box (1 lb, 6.5 oz, Betty Crocker)
- 3 eggs
- 24 craft sticks (flat wooden sticks with round ends)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 13x9 inch pan with foil so foil extends about 2 inches over sides of pan. Spray foil with cooking spray.
- Make brownie mix as directed on box for 13x9 inch pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Place brownies in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove brownies from pan by lifting foil; peel foil from sides of brownies.
- Cut brownies into 24 rectangular bars, 6 strips lenghtwise and 4 rows across, each about 1-1/2 by6 3-1/4 inches.
- Gently insert stick into end of each bar, peeling foil from bars.
- Place on baking sheet, freeze 30 minutes.
- In microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and shortening on high about 1 minute; stir until smooth. If necessary, microwave additional 5 seconds at a time.
- Dip top 1/3 to 1/2 of each brownie into chocolate.
- Decorate with sprinkles, candy, etc.
- Lay flat on waxed paper or foil to dry.
So easy and a great way to serve these at a party, or to kids, or just as an easy to-go treat. Thanks for sharing!!!
Made for Carly and some neighborhood kids. Gone before you know it. TFS