Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
These are really quite a kid pleaser for parties. Don't even have to use paper plates here.
- 1 (22 1/2 ounce) box Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix, with syrup
- 24 craft wooden popsicle sticks
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons shortening, divided in half
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 13 X 9 inch pan with foil so foil extends over sides of pan.
- Spray foil with cooking spray.
- Make brownie mix following package directions on box for a 13 X 9 inch pan.
- Cool completely for 1 hour.
- Place brownies in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove brownies from pan by lifting foil carefully.
- Peel foil from sides of brownies.
- Cut brownies into 24 equal sized squares (Each square should be about 1 1/2 X 3 1/4-inch).
- Gently insert sticks into each brownie, peeling foil from bars.
- Place on baking sheet and freeze 30 minutes.
- Pour chips into separate bowls adding 2 teaspoons shortening to each bowl.
- Microwave uncovered on high for about 1 minute.
- Stir until smooth.
- If necessary, microwave an additional 5 seconds at a time till smooth.
- Dip top 1/2 to 1/3 of each bar in either chocolate or white chocolate.
- Decorate with assorted candy sprinkles or decors.
What a fun idea! My whole family, husband included, enjoyed these a lot. Instead of dipping the brownies into the melted chocolate, I spooned it over the top and let the excess drip off. I used mini M&M's to decorate. Very pretty. Made for KGCook's cookathon. I hope everything goes well with your surgery and recovery.
I made these to take to a party at Preschool, and they were a big hit with the kids. One little girl said, would you tell my mommy how to make them. LOL I also used SweetsLady's Chewy Chocolaty Brownies recipe. I used mini M&M's to decorate them with. They were so good, chewy, rich, and a real kid pleaser. Thanks KGCook for a great recipe,
These were great! I used Chewy Chocolaty Brownies instead of box mix and then only used chocolate chips and used some m&ms. I was having to make lunch for our private school and these went over great!!