Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From a blog to die for.. I mean an ice cream to die for. From www.browniepointsblog.com originally. Other variations possible.
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 12 ounces silken tofu
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup, see note
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- NOTE: If you don’t have maple syrup, substitute 6 Tbs chocolate syrup or 4 Tbs agave nectar as the liquid sweetner. For Vegans use Vegan chocolate chips and ditto for the syrup.
- In a double boiler or in the microwave melt othe cup of chocolate chips. Let the mixture cool slightly (while preparing your other ingredients).
- In a blender combine the tofu, peanutbutter, maple syrup or chocolate syrup or agave nectar and the soy milk using enough milk to get the consistancy of a milk shake.
- Add the melted chocolate and blend until combined.
- Chill your tofu concotion thoroughly in the refrigerator before adding to your ice cream machine. Process in your ice cream maker (or freeze in ice cube trays and whirl in the blender) and return to the freezer to harden into a scoopable ice cream.
- Time is a big guess here. Depends on your freezer and method.