Recipe by Mirj
One of my favorite food blogs is Brownie Points (http://www.browniepointsblog.com/). The latest entry is for Chewy Brownie Bites. The recipe has simply enchanted me, and the option of adding something different to every single brownie is mind-boggling. The ingredients come directly from the blog, but the directions are mine.
- 1 cup butter
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Melt the butter with the chocolate and the salt. You can do this on the stovetop or in the microwave (or be really creative and leave it out in the sun or use a thermonuclear bomb).
- When it has all melted leave it to cool to room temperature.
- In a mixer, combine the sugar with the eggs until fluffy and creamy.
- Beat in the vanilla and add the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the flour.
- Spray the wells of a mini-muffin pan with non-stick spray or use mini liners.
- Fill each well 3/4 of the way full.
- Push on any desired add-ons, like nuts, candied fruit or sprinkles.
- If you are actually following directions and using a mini-muffin pan, then bake for 25 minutes. Otherwise, if you've decided to bung this into a square cake pan and bake like regular brownies, then bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Keep in mind that if you make this as you would regular brownies and not as the mini-muffins, they will not be as darling as they are meant to be.