Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This comes from my Totally Pizza Cookbook
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate (broken)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (assorted, chopped, for garnish)
- preheat oven to 350.
- combine chocolate and butter in medium saucepan, cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth.
- pour into mixing bowl.
- add sugar, mix until smooth.
- add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- beat in vanilla, add flour and gently mix until flour disappears.
- pour into 12 inch tart pan with removable bottom or foil lined pizza pan.
- bake 25-30 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean), cool on a rack.
- place confectioners sugar in mixing bowl, add boiling water slowly to sugar, whisking constantly, just until thick enough to spread.
- spread thin layer over pizza, leaving edges bare.
- sprinkle on nuts, let set 10 minutes.
- cut into wedges to serve.