Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Rich, moist and chocolatey..this will please all who sample. This is a must for chocolate and brownie lovers alike. This recipe makes two pies, but after you taste it, you will be glad that you have more than one!! This is a Paula Deen recipe that I re-named, and be SURE to measure the 1 cup of flour BEFORE you sift it. This pie is so good it could be dangerous!!
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans
- 2 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly beat eggs.
- Coarsely chop pecans.
- Melt chocolate morsels in microwave and let cool.
- Sift one cup self rising flour.
- Toast nuts in oven by placing them on cookie sheet in hot oven for 5-7 minutes, remove and let cool.
- Combine eggs, sugar, and cooled melted chocolate in large bowl.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Stir in reamaining ingredients and pour equal portions into each uncooked pie shell.
- Bake 55 minutes.
- Let cool for 30 minutes before serving.
Really tasty and success guaranteed!!! A must try
I made these pies for Christmas last year. Everyone loved them and requested this recipe.
Easy to make and keeps well.