Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
I used to make this for a local restaurant...had to stop because the demand had grown to a point I couldn't meet requests! Now, these are given as gifts (with the recipe) to close friends. Feel free to add additional goodies to the pie - I add nuts, flavored chocolate morsels (raspberry a fav!), even white chocolate and/or peanut butter flavored morsels.
- 4 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- chopped nuts or chocolate chips, etc as desired
- 1 pie crust
- Melt chocolate and butter together. Cool slightly.
- Mix with other ingredients, pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
Really chocolately and yummy, but extremely salty! Easy to prepare, and quick to cook. I would reduce the salt by 1/2 or eliminate it totally. This was way too salty. Made for PAC Spring 2009.