Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
These can be made ahead. Store in an airtight container, chilled, up to 2 days. Bring to room temperature before serving. These make 24 peanut-butter filled mini-cupcakes.
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, whipped at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 24 mini paper baking cups
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut up
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, chopped
- Make filling: Beat together all ingredients in a large bowl on high speed until combined well; set aside.
- Make brownie batter: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and arrange rack in center.
- Line 1 (24-cup) mini muffin pan with baking cups.
- Heat together butter and chocolate in a medium saucepan over moderately low heat; stirring, until melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in sugars and extract until combined well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, stirring vigorously after each addition, until combined well.
- Add flour and salt; stir until just combined.
- Divide batter among baking cups.
- Spoon filling into a small pastry bag fitted with a 1/4-inch plain tip.
- With tip slightly inserted into center of batter, pipe about 1 teaspoon filling into batter in each cup, allowing a small amount to show on tops.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake until brownies are puffed and set, 12-15 minutes.
- Transfer pan to rack and let cool 5 minutes.
- Remove brownies from pan and place on rack to cool completely.