Recipe by Erica Vasta
Moist and rich...just the way they ought to be ;) I got this recipe from a DEAR friend named Anne :) THE WORLD THANKS YOU ANNE! :D
Top Review by Zewbiedoo
These are yummy! I made them to take to a friend's house for dinner, and everyone loved them. I made mini-muffins and baked them about 15 minutes or so. Very yummy; I will DEFINITELY make these again. Thanks!!
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional)
- chocolate chips, for garnish
- chopped nuts (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- In a small pot melt butter over low heat.
- Add chocolate chips and cocoa while stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat when chocolate chips are just about melted.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add in flour mixture and chocolate mixture alternately stirring just until blended.
- DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Spoon into well greased muffin tin or paper cups that have been lightly sprayed with oil.
- (muffins tend to stick).
- Sprinkle muffins with chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.