Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 16 brownie muffin cups.
- Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the walnut halves, brown sugar, sugar, cocoa powder and then flour - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- BROWNIE CUPS GIFT TAG:
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 3 eggs, 1 cup melted butter, 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- BROWNIE CUPS INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, then add the butter and extract and whisk together.
- Add the contents of the jar, and stir until just mixed; do not overstir.
- Spoon the batter into greased or papered muffin tins, filling each cup two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops begin to crack and appear dry.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.