Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From The Ultimate Brownie Book.
- 20 ounces brownie mix (or any brownie mix suitable for a 9x13-inch pan)
- 4 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix (or 3.9 ounce package)
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream (regular, lowfat, or fat-free)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan; set aside.
- Place brownie mix, pudding mix, beaten eggs, melted butter, and sour cream in a large bowl; stir with a wooden spoon until smooth, then pour into (greased and floured) prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Cool the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes; then unmold the cake, invert it, and cool completely on a wire rack. Serve immediately, or cover in plastic wrap and store at room temperature. The cake will stay fresh for up to 4 days. It can also be tightly wrapped in wax paper, sealed in plastic wrap, and frozen for up to 2 months; allow the cake to thaw at room temperature before serving.