Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Store in bags and use when needed. Source: Make-A-Mix
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 8 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄8 cup butter or 1⁄8 cup margarine, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder,salt, sugar, and cocoa. Stir with a wire whisk until evenly distributed. Put in a large airtight container. Label with date and contents. Store in a cool, dry place. Use within 10 to 12 weeks. Makes about 15 cups BROWNIE MIX.
- Note: I put it into plastic storage bags and I put 2-1/2 cups of mix in each bag. One package makes an 8-inch pan of brownies or 16 brownies.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8-inch-square pan. Combine melted butter or margerine, eggs, vanilla, and BROWNIE MIX. Beat until smooth. Stir in nuts. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until edges separate from pan. Cut into 2-inch bars when cool. Makes 16 brownies.
- Note: I sometimes add a little water to the batter if it looks too dry.
The concept of having the mix ready to go is great! I made as directed, and they didn't have much chocoloate flavor at all. They tasted very sweet with just a touch of chocolate. When I make the next batch from the premade mix, I will add some chocolate chips. They do have a chewy texture which I love in a brownie